Who says muffins can’t be healthy and delicious at the same time? Here’s a guilt-free treat to munch on with a splash of GF Oats.
- 1 cup flaxseed, ground
- ½ cup walnuts, ground
- ½ cup of cashews, ground
- 1/2 cup of GF Oats
- ¾ cup protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- Grated zest of one orange
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Coconut slivers
- Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- In your Thermomix or blended, add in your nuts, seeds and oats. Blend for approx. 3 seconds until just chopped. (I like mine to NOT be blended into a meal) Set aside.
- Add mix flaxseeds, walnuts, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Add into Thermomix chopped zucchini and apple and blend for approx. 3-5 seconds. Attached butterfly.
- Add in oil, eggs, vanilla, grated zucchini, cheese, and orange zest. Blend gently for 10 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients into liquid ingredients. Mix slowly until well blended. Approx 20-30 seconds. Scrap down the sides and repeat for 10 seconds.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180oC for 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe makes 6 to 8 muffins.