1 cup shredded coconut
1 1/3 cups rolled oats ground into flour*
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons raw honey
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon water
1. Combine coconut, oats and flour and coconut sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. In a small saucepan combine coconut oil and honey and heat on low.
3. Mix the baking soda into the water then add into the honey mixture and remove from the stove. It should start to froth up.
4. Pour this liquid into the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Using a small icecream scoop for consistent sizing, shape into 12 small balls slightly flattened onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
6. Bake for about 30 mins or until golden at 140 degrees C. Make sure to leave enough room for them to spread on your baking sheet - you will need 2 trays of 6 biscuits per tray. They will firm up as they cool.
I like to use the Gloriously Free Uncontaminated Oats as they are grown, processed and packed in the USA in a totally uncontaminated facility from wheat, rye and barley. At least 10 inspections take place between planting and harvesting. They are registered non GMO, Kosher, GF in the US, Canada and the UK and the growers are working towards organic certification.