Ingredients for Uncontaminated Oaty Pancakes
- 250g Kylie's Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large pinch freshly grated nutmeg, optional
- 1 pinches sea salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 25 g 1/2 cup of GF Oats
- 100 ml buttermilk
- 1 medium egg
- 35 g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
For the caramel bananas
- 3 bananas
- 60 g butter
- 90 g brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
· Method· 1. For the hotcakes: sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl. Stir the sugar and oats through and make a well in the centre.
2. Pour in the buttermilk and egg, stirring until just mixed. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. For the caramel bananas: halve the bananas lengthways and cut each piece in three.
4. Put the butter, sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons water in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook until the mixture forms a caramel and darkens. Add the bananas and toss until well coated. Keep warm.
5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush with a little butter. Pour in 2 or 3 small ladlefuls of the hotcake batter and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
6. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while cooking the rest. Serve the hotcakes with the caramel bananas.
Order your Uncontaminated Oats Today!